We run tailor made instructor training courses frequently throughout the season. Including Sailing, windsurfing and power boating. If you would like to become a watersports instructor we have the right course for you.
Options available are:
- Windsurf Instructor
- Dinghy Instructor
All instructor courses are subject to numbers, they will not run if there are insufficient people signed up for the course.
Pre-requisites for each course are:
- Powerboat level 2
- First Aid
- Radio operators certificate
- Experience in chosen discipline
all of which can be arranged at the centre before the instructor training commences.
What to do now??
If you are interested in any instructor training at West Wales Wind Surf and Sailing, you are welcome to visit the centre for an informal interview or telephone to discuss your options. 3 month and 6 month courses are available with an opportunity to work at the centre once all training is complete. Once sufficient numbers are reached, you will be sent joining instructions, including equipment lists and course notes. A deposit is then payable and confirmation is sent to you confirming start date etc.
The Instructor Courses
* The course is designed to give you a teaching framework, develop teaching skills, identify safety issues and legal requirements for teaching groups
* The requirement from you will be enthusiasm, a genuine interest in teaching, good windsurfing/sailing theory and skills, and some hard work, preparation and input inot the course
* Expect to go on to the water each day, practising teaching skills, demos and organising sessions
* The course takes place over 5 days it is quite intensive and evening sessions are generally required to cover all the material
* Theory will be discussed and your knowledge tested, you will also be required to give a 10 minute presentation on a given topic suitable for your students
* You will be assessed on all aspects of the course and may pass as an instructor, or receive a further action plan to achieve competence