RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor
To become a Dinghy Sailing Instructor you first need to attend a pre-entry sailing assessment.
You will be expected to complete the following tasks:
* Sail around a triangular course using all the boat's equipment which includes use of the spinnaker if carried.
* Sail a tight circular course less than three boat lengths distance, using one tack and one gybe, around a stationary boat.
* Sail a follow my leader course behind either a powerboat or another sailing boat maintaining a distance of one boat length or less.
* Pick up a man overboard dummy, the boat must be completely stopped when you recover the dummy.
You may also be asked to complete some of the following tasks
* Lee shore landing and departure
* Anchor or pick up a mooring, wind against tide if appropriate
* Come alongside a moored boat, wind against tide if appropriate
* Recover a capsized dinghy and sail away
You should have experience of sailing some different types of boats including single-handers